Since December 11, a literature exhibition is shown: «Current problems in bioinformatics».
Bioinformatics is a complex of methods and approaches including mathematical methods of computer analysis in comparative genomics (genome bioinformatics), development of algorithms and programs to model the spatial protein structure (structural bioinformatics), research of strategies, the associated computational methodologies, and general management of informationally sophisticated biological systems.
Since November 11, a literature exhibition is shown: «Laser ablation and its applications».
The procedure to remove substance from a surface by means of laser impulse, that is laser ablation, attracts more and more attention last years. From the time of the first laser ablation experiments, the research into laser radiation interactions became an important field that develops rapidly.
On October, 3-5, 2014, The IV All-Russia Science Festival will take place in Novosibirsk.
The idea of the Science Festival is to tell about science in a popular, intelligent, and fascinating manner, to tell about its achievements and potentials, about what scientists at their laboratories are engaged in, about all that will define tomorrow the quality of our life.
► The events schedule in SPSL SB RAS.
July 8, 2014, is 120 years from the date of birth of an outstanding scientist Peter Leonidovicha Kapitsa (1894-1984). The date is remarked with a literature exhibition: «Kapitsa: life and discoveries».
Contemporaries of P.L.Kapitsa describe him as a many-sided and peculiar person. He combined different qualities: intuition and physicist-experimenter's knack for engineering; pragmatism and manager's approach of an organizer of science; independence of his opinion in dialogue with authorities.
The exhibition presents over 60 publications from the library stocks. They include the first contributions of the author in Russian and foreign publications as well as articles about him.
Since May 13, 2014, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows a thematic literature exhibition «Reform of RAS: pro et contra».
- The exhibition stands show some part of books and magazines (75 names) from a more extensive list of references that is reflective of the problems concerning reforms of the Russian academy of sciences
Since April 1, 2014, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows a thematic literature exhibition «Crystallochemistry».
- The UN General Assembly has proclaimed the year 2014 as the International Crystallography Year to commemorate rewarding of Max von Laue with the Nobel Prize for his discovery of X-ray diffraction on crystals that happened 100 years ago.The exhibition shows books and articles from Russian and foreign publications. The whole exposition is made up of 110 documents that cover a period from 1931 till 2014.
Since December 20, 2013, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows a thematic literature exhibition «Scientific speech stylistics».
- The exhibition demonstrates books and articles from Russian and foreign publications. The whole exposition includes 103 documents.
Since November 14, 2013, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows a thematic literature exhibition «Water resources: management and preservation».
- The exhibition demonstrates books and articles from Russian and foreign publications. The whole exposition includes 90 documents.
- Water is the major ingredient of the environment. It provides for the economic, social, and ecological well-being of the population. During the last decades, the extent of water use and its negative action upon the environment have reached the limits, when the possibility to use water resources and the requirements to conserve the water environment have become one of the main factors for development and accommodation of the productive forces for the majority of regions. At the same time, this is the limiting factor for further social and economic development. Water resources adopt a character of one of strategic resources for social and economic development of any country.
Since October 14, 2013, the Branch of SPSL SB RAS shows a thematic literature exhibition «Synergetic approach in natural science and technology».
- The exhibition presents books and articles from domestic and foreign publications. The whole exposition includes about 100 documents.
Since September 02, 2013, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows a thematic literature exhibition «Photochemistry and photophysics».
The exhibition presents books and articles from domestic and foreign publications. The whole exposition includes 90 documents.
Since July 02, 2013, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows a thematic literature exhibition «Medicine of 21 century. Modern medicine technologies». The exhibition presents books and articles from domestic and foreign publications. The whole exposition includes 107 documents.
Since May 31, 2013, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows a thematic literature exhibition «Functional nanomaterials. Applications». The exhibition presents books and articles from domestic and foreign publications. The whole exposition includes 110 documents.
May 18 is the City Science Day
Plan of events in SPSL SB RAS
Since April 29, 2013, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows a thematic literature exhibition «Nucleation theory and its applications». The exhibition presents 98 books and articles from domestic and foreign publications for the last 10 years.
Since December 24, 2012, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows an exhibition «Medical and social problems of gerontology». The exhibition presents a wide variety of domestic and foreign publications of scientific, educational, and reference nature for the last 20 years.
The exposition reflects methodological aspects of that how gerontology developed and succeeded in studying biological bases of ageing, achievements in geriatrics, the potentials of modern science in preventive procedures against ageing, and urgent approaches to solve social and psychological problems of gerontology.
Since December 7, 2012, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows an exhibition that deals with the 220th anniversary from the date of birth of N.I.Lobachevskii, whose discovery has made a revolution in the view of what is the nature of space.
The exhibition presents domestic and foreign publications of works of the great mathematician together with scientific and popular articles, essays, monographs, and bibliographic manuals about his life and his doctrine.
The exhibition includes three sections:
- Works of N.I.Lobachevskii.
- Literature on his life and work.
- Importance of works of N.I.Lobachevskii for development of science.
Expanding the involvement in modern scientific communications, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS has registered its account in Twitter microblog network, one of the Web 2.0 leading social projects. The head page of the library has got an interactive tape that makes possible an on-line access to the news of SPSL SB RAS, RSL, RNL, other libraries, and scientific organizations.
Since November 2, the Branch of SPSL SB RAS shows an exhibition «Sustainable energy for everybody». The exhibition demonstrates 90 books and journal articles.
General Assembly of the United Nations has declared the year 2012 to be «International year of sustainable energy for everybody». It means that the time has come to think, where we will take the energy from, when oil and gas reserves end. Meanwhile, the development of civilization and the future of mankind directly depends on the progress of power technologies.
Since October 3, the Branch of SPSL SB RAS shows an exhibition «Innovation-technological centres of Russia». The exhibition presents about 70 books and journal articles.
To build the knowledge-based innovative economy we need the developed scientific and innovative infrastructure. Experience of many countries demonstrates that a change-over to innovative way of development is necessary to get out from economic crisis. Changes to better economy in Russian Federation are possible through increasing number of innovation-technological centres.
September 9, is 15 years from the date when the library site of the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS appeared on the Internet.
In our development of «virtual presentation», we execute main functions of a central library of the Novosibirsk Scientific Center, that is we ensure information support of the researches in the Siberian Branch, and we make for popularization of the Siberian science.
|Our site includes
- diversified information, namely, addresses, bibliography, news, help, patents, full-texts, and graphics;
- various means of navigation, databases, and catalogues;
- memorial library complexes;
- on-line services;
- 20 000 pages, 99 000 files;
- total volume of 12 Gbytes;
- more than 2 thousand visitors a day.
Happy birthday, Prometeus!
Since August 27, the Branch of SPSL SB RAS shows a thematic exhibition of literature «Eternal memory of 1812». The exhibition demonstrates about 150 books and articles.
Year 2012 is 200-year anniversary of Patriotic war of 1812, a military-historical patriotic event that is of prime importance for political, public, cultural, and military development of Russia.
In 19th century, Russian land was a site of key battles with the enemy army of Napoleon. People of Russia has shown an unprecedented feat of heroism, courage, and resistance to the enemy to achieve the Great Victory.
Since June 13, the Branch of SPSL SB RAS shows a thematic exhibition of literature «Russian statehood and national consciousness». The exhibition demonstrates about 90 books and articles.
Year 2012 is 1150 years from an event that had come to be known in Russian historiography of 18-19 centuries as «call for variags», «a birth of the Russian statehood».
Traditionally, 862 year is considered the foundation date of the Russian statehood, a reference point of national history.
|Since March 2, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows a thematic exhibition of literature «WOMEN OF SIBERIAN SCIENCE» that is devoted to women, whose destiny is related to Siberian Branch of RAS, to academicians and corresponding members, State premium winners, winners of Premiums of the Russian Federation Government and the RF President. One of the exhibition parts centers on the women winners L'Oreal UNESCO competition.|
From 6 to 29 of February, the Branch of SPSL SB RAS shows a thematic literature exhibition «Institutes of Novosibirsk Scientific Center, 2012 jubilee celebrators».
The exhibition presents about 100 publications (published from 2000 till 2012) about the history of formative stage and development, about the modern state, and outstanding scientists from oldest institutes of Siberian Branch.
On February 6, 2012, the reading hall of patent documentation shows a thematic exhibition «Protection of discoveries: history of the issue and current situation». The exhibition presents 66 titles of books and articles from magazines concerning legal regulation of discoveries in the USSR and modern Russia, reference literature and encyclopedias about discoveries of scientists whose names are the pride of Russian science.
Of special interest is an exhibition part that deals with the discoveries of scientists in the Siberian Branch of RAS during 1957-2011.
The exhibition is intended for a wide audience of professionals in the field of science activity.
The exhibition is to be held up to the end of March.
Since January 25, an exhibition is shown that presents a series «Integration projects of SB RAS». Since 2003, the series is being published in SB RAS Publishing house.
Releases of the series represent final reports of interdisciplinary integration projects of the basic researches that are underway in the Siberian Branch of RAS. They reflect the results that have been obtained by author collective in several institutes of SB RAS. Up to now, 30 releases have been published.
The series is oriented to meet the requirements of professionals, students, and teachers of higher education institutions in the associated discipline.
Since December 13, 2011, the Branch of SPSL SB RAS shows a thematic literature exhibition «Posthuman future: biotechnology achievements and threats».
The exhibition presents domestic publications (books, articles from periodic and continuous publications) for 1996-2011.
| «Chemist without knowledge of physics is similar to a person who should only grope. So these two sciences are interweaved to such an extent that either of them cannot be in perfection without another» (M.V.Lomonosov)||Since November 14, the Branch of SPSL SB RAS shows an exhibition that has been prepared for the 300th anniversary of Michael Vasilevich Lomonosov, the great Russian scientist «M.V.LOMONOSOV, the FOUNDER of PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY»|
The publications that are presented at the exhibition reflect the contribution of M.V.Lomonosov to the development of physical chemistry. Leipzig edition of works of M.V.Lomonosov of 1910 deserves a special attention, as well as the publications that disclose an assessment of merits of M.V.Lomonosov during the last century (1904-2011).
- Exhibition that is devoted to «Mikhailov Day» of 2005 - «Michael Vasilevich Lomonosov, Russian encyclopedia scientist»
Since October 4, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows an exhibition «The father of soviet cybernetics»: the 100th anniversary from the date of birth of the AS USSR corresponding member Alexey Andreevich Lyapunov (1911-1973). The exhibition presents scientific publications of A.A.Lyapunov on theoretical problems of cybernetics, cybernetic questions of biology, on programming, works in machine translation, materials about his life and work.
The SB RAS Memorials Calendar
Lyapunov Alexey Andreevich
The school of corresponding member A.A. Lyapunov
Since August 5, the Branch of SPSL SB RAS shows an exhibition «Development of research capabilities».
Scientific and popular publications that deal with the culture of brainwork and scientific creativeness, with the development of memory, attention, and thinking, as well as manuals that help in independent mastering the procedure of fast reading and abstract making are offered to the library clients.
The personnel of SB RAS may order the books over the centralized interlibrary loan system by means of the institute libraries.
Since June 1, the Branch of SPSL SB RAS shows an exhibition that is devoted to the 80-year anniversary from the date of birth of academician Valentin Afanasyevich Koptyug (1931-1997). The exhibition presents scientific publications and editorial works of V.A. Koptyug, materials on his life and work, as well as archival documents and personal things from the Memorial Library of the scientist. A branch of the exhibition is devoted to the school of V.A. Koptyug, more than 50 author's abstracts of dissertations that had been protected with his scientific supervise.
- Since May 16, the Branch of SPSL SB RAS shows an exhibition that is devoted to the 90th anniversary from the date of birth of academician Nikolai Nikolayevich Yanenko, an outstanding Soviet mathematician and mechanic (1921–1984). The exhibition presents scientific publications and editorial works of N.N.Yanenko, materials that cover his life and work, together with archival documents and books from his personal library. A branch of the exhibition collects some works of disciples of the academician that comprise N.N.Yanenko's scientific school.
- The picture story from the exhibition in the House of Scientists of SB RAS.
On June 9, 2011, the scientific community and population of the Novosibirsk Akademgorodok will celebrate the 80-year anniversary of an outstanding scientist, an organizer of science, academician V.A.Koptyug.
Since May 10, excursions will be performed to V.A.Koptyug memorial library that has been created in the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS. We invite all those wishing to get acquainted with the life and work of academician V.A.Koptyug.
Visiting time is throughout the week, except for Saturday and Sunday, from 10.00 till 17.00.
The address: pr. Lavryent'yeva, 6, the right wing.
Reservations by phone: 330-95-58, 330-17-60, 330-84-64.
- Since February 3, 2011, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows a thematic exhibition of literature «Scientific research institutes of SB RAS, the anniversaries of 2011».
- The exposition presents nearly 90 selected learned works that were made by employees of the following institutes of SB RAS, anniversary celebrators: the Institute of laser physics, the Central Siberian Botanical Garden, the Institute of biophysics, L.V.Kirensky Institute of physics, the Institute of chemistry and chemical engineering, and the Institute of natural resources, ecology, and cryology.
- During the second half of the 20th century, the humanity entered a new stage of its development. Going from industrial society to information society in this period has begun. The process that ensured the transition was referred to as informatization.
- Since December 16, 2010, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS presents the exhibition of literature «Informatization of the society: strategic, social and economic, and humanitarian aspects». The exhibition presents nearly 80 domestic publications for the last ten years that deal with the subject.
- Since October 21, 2010, the Branch of SPSL SB RAS shows an exhibition «Three Lavryentyev generations».
- Represented in the Novosibirsk Akademgorodok by descendants of M.A.Lavrentyev, the dynasty works fruitfully for more than 80 years on science and education.
- The name of Mikhail Alekseevich, the founder of Akademgorodok, was the matter of legends during his lifetime. Mikhail Mikhailovich, his son, headed the Institute of mathematics for a long time, and Mikhail Mikhailovich Jr., his grandson, was the dean of information technology faculty in the Novosibirsk state university.
- The exhibition presents publications that describe the history of this family as well as learned works of the representatives of three Lavryentyev generations. Of special interest are publications of 1930s and the books that were published abroad.
Since August 27, 2010, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows an exhibition of literature «Modern problems of radiobiology: commemorating 110-year anniversary of N.V.Timofeyev-Resovskii».
The exhibition presents more than 120 publications. They include one of the first publications of N.V.Timofeyev-Resovskii in the Nature magazine, 1936, materials of radiobiological conferences, etc.
The 2010th year is a 110-year anniversary from the date of birth of Nikolai Vladimirovich Timofeyev-Resovskii, a scientist that has made a fundamental contribution to radiation biology, a researcher that was among those who founded radiation genetics.
*nbsp; *nbsp; *nbsp; Radiobiology has arisen as a doctrine about responses of biological objects to an effect of ionizing radiation. As of now, this science also answers urgent questions regarding the consequences of low-energy ionizing radiation under conditions of technogenic and natural pollution and measures to protect living organisms from such action and regarding a controlled action of non-ionizing radiation of electromagnetic fields and electromagnetic radiations upon the vital activity of human beings and other organisms.
Since July 30, 2010, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows an exhibition of literature «Global problems of the present».
The exhibition offers domestic publications (books, articles from magazines for 2005 - 2010).
Globalization is an objective process of modern international relationships and maximum stage of internationalization or the interaction of national economies at the world market.
All the problems that fall today into the category of global ones are either of ecological, or social, or socially-ecological nature. They cover the entire world and need the combined efforts of the whole mankind to solve them.
Since June 25, 2010, the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS shows an exhibition of literature «Monte Carlo research methods».
Monte Carlo method (its alternative name is the method of statistical tests) is used in various scientific disciplines when the construction of analytical model for a phenomenon is hard to do or is impracticable at all. For the first time N.Metropolis and S.Ulam have described the method in 1949, in an article «Monte Carlo method».
The exhibition presents domestic and foreign books from the stocks of SPSL of SB RAS, of the Branch of SPSL of SB RAS and the network libraries since 1956, together with articles from magazines and continuous publications for 2006-2010 that reflect a broad spectrum of application aspects of the Monte Carlo method in natural-science, technical, and economic disciplines that deal with the results of particular researches and with methodological questions.
- Since June 1st, 2010, the Branch of the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB RAS shows an exhibition of literature «World economic crises: responsible factors, forms of manifestation, consequences».
The exhibition presents domestic publications (books, articles from magazines for 2006 - 2010).
- Since March 4, 2010, the Branch of the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB RAS shows an exhibition of literature «Women in science».
The exhibition presents domestic publications (books, articles from periodicals, and collection issues for 1949 - 2009).
Since February 4, 2010, the Branch of the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB RAS shows an exhibition of literature «Siberian science personally».
The exhibition presents publications from a series «Science of Siberia personally» that is devoted to Siberian scientists.
- Since February 3, 2010 an exhibition of literature «Migration of scientific staff: problems and solutions» is shown in the Branch of the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB RAS.
Russian publications for 1993 (books, articles from periodicals and collection issues, press digests) are presented at the exhibition
|| Since December 23, 2009 the Branch of the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB RAS demonstrates an exhibition of literature «Innovations in education».
The exhibition presents Russian publications (books, autoabstracts of dissertations, articles from periodic and continuous publications) for 2000 - 2009.
In 1609, an Italian Galileo Galilei converted the long glass into telescope, a device for scientific observations. That was the most important event in the history of astronomy. The invention of telescope allowed us to make many discoveries in Solar System, in the Universe, and the Galaxy. To commemorate the 400-year anniversary of this event, the International astronomical union made a decision to announce the International year of astronomy 2009.
Since December, 4, the Branch of State Public Scientific Technical Library shows an exhibition that presents about 120 books and articles from magazines that deal with the life and work of the great inventor, with the history and the state of art in astronomical engineering and with the achievements of modern-day astronomy as well.
Only few of Russian philosophers had opportunity to continue their living and philosophical research in the USSR after Soviet state had been established.
For that reason a specific philosophical direction appeared in emigration, in various foreign countries that came to be known as "philosophy of Russians abroad". Among its prominent representatives were N.A.Byerdyayev, L.I.SHyestov, P.A.Floryenskii, S.N.Bulgakov, S.L.Frank and others.
Since October 5 an exhibition of literature is been shown in the Branch of the State Public Scientific Technical Library that presents about 100 books and magazine articles on the life and work of Russian philosophers abroad as well as their scientific works.
"Philosophers (P.A.Floryenskii and S.N.Bulgakov)". 1917
|| Since August, 28th 2009, the Branch shows a thematic exhibition of literature «A problem to assess research efficiency». |
Russian and foreign publications for 2000-2009 are presented.
Since July, 8th 2009, an exhibition of literature «Computer technologies in humanitarian and social studies» is being shown in the Branch of the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB RAS.
The books, the autoabstracts, the articles, and conference materials that are presented at the exhibition deal with theoretical and practical aspects of using modern technologies in social studies and humanities.
- Since May 15th 2009, an exhibition «Ecology of food» is being shown in the reading room.
The monographs, collection issues, articles from periodicals, popular scientific and practical works that are presented at the exhibition cover a broad spectrum of items that are related to the problems of nutrition of a human being today, namely: food safety, the use of gene-modified products, quality and falsification of food articles, application of food additives, etc.
Since May, 13th 2009, an exhibition of literature «Consequences of the global climatic change» is being shown in the Branch of the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB RAS. The exhibition presents 64 publications (books, materials of conferences, reports, and articles from periodic and continuing publications). They give answers to the questions: whether global climate changes may occur in the near future and what effect they will have upon changes of the environment, flora and fauna, economic activity, and public health.
During the 20th century and at present time, primary factor of global changes is the progressing warming of climate that goes on for more than 100 years. One of the most common assumptions of the factor that is responsible for the advent of global warming is accumulation in the atmosphere of gases such as carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide, etc. Meanwhile, the growing bulk of scientific data convinces many scientists more and more that currently there are no reasonably convincing proofs of the crucial impact of the human activity on the global warming of climate.
Since April, 3rd 2009, an exhibition of the literature «Human rights: Thorny road» is being shown in the Branch of the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB RAS. 262 books, autoabstracts, and articles from periodic and continuing publications are presented at the exhibition. The reader may get acquainted with the documents that regulate the observance of human rights in Russia and in the world.
A separate section sets off works on the history of the initiation, development, and implementation of the idea of human rights.
Of special interest are the works that deal with the problems of observance of human rights and the difficulties that legal experts currently encounter with.
Declaration of human and civil rights (France, 1793)
On November 19, 2008, the scientific community of the Siberian branch of RAS has celebrated Mikhailov day the fourth time in the large hall of the House of scientists. The celebration has become traditional for the Akademgorodok, which is the birthday of two «great Mikhails» - M.V.Lomonosov and M.A.Lavryentyev. This day the ordination of SESC NSU pupils to become FMSHists occurs.
The program of the holiday was very intensive: the ordination to FMSHists, a solemn service of M.A.Lavrentev premiums, a demonstration of videofilms about outstanding scientists of SB AS USSR, the 2008 anniversaries, performances of «Kvant» and «Viktoriya» clubs, young vocalists and musicians of «Kalyeidoskop» creative centre, the 10-th musical school, and chorus of the Orthodox grammar school.
The organizations, the 2008 anniversaries, have been presented by the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB RAS that celebrated its 90th anniversary, and by NSU that celebrated the 50th anniversary. That day, the librarians of the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB RAS have shown two exhibitions in the House of scientists: «Proceedings of collaborators of the SB RAS State Public Scientific Technical Library» and «Outstanding scientists of SB AS USSR, the 2008 anniversaries» that presented Learned works and the literature about academicians G.I.Budkyer, A.P.Okladnikov, V.S.Sobolyev, S.L.Sobolyev, N.A.CHinakal, and S.A.KHristianovich.
«Genius over centuries »
The Branch shows an exhibition of books from a collection of Kuznyetsov V.N. about A.S.Pushkin.
The collection contains published works of A.S.Pushkin, books about him, about his creative work, a reproduction of portraits, cards, and guidebooks over Pushkin places of interest, newspaper publications of different years.
Vasilii Nikolayevich Kuznyetsov is a collaborator of the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB RAS (1961-1967), he is among the organizers of the transfer of the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB AS USSR from Moscow to Novosibirsk, he managed a department in the library stocks and the first reading room of the SB RAS State Public Scientific Technical Library in Akademgorodok. Vasily Nikolaevich has devoted many years of his life creating the collection.
In 1999, the Akademgorodok public donated the collection of books and other materials to the Branch. They were devoted to the life and creative work of the poet. The collection added the library stocks and it is available for readers to work in a reading room.
- On September 18, 2008, the Branch of the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB RAS held a seminar «Automated library-information systems - comparative characteristics». The emphasis has been placed on the IRBIS system that is used in the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB RAS and that is being actively brought in scientific libraries of the Siberian Branch. S.R.Bazhenov, PhD in Engineering, the manager of the department of the automated systems of the SB RAS State Public Scientific Technical Library has told about advantages of the system. A.M.Fedotov, corresponding member of RAS, pro-rector on informatization of NSU, B.S.Elepov, doctor of Engineering, director of the State Public Scientific Technical Library of SB RAS, O.L.Zhizhimov, doctor of Engineering, head of the laboratory of information resources of ICT SB RAS, as well as library managers and managers of information-library centres, managers of local networks of the NSC institutes have taken part in the discussion about the problems of creating a unified information space of the Siberian Branch of RAS. The seminar made a decision to show functioning of the IRBIS system on the basis of the library of the Institute of mathematics of SB RAS.
B.S.Elepov, the director of SPSL SB RAS,
holds the speech
«ALIS - comparative characteristics» seminar(18.09.2008)
- March 12, 1863 is the birthday of Vladimir Ivanovich Vernadsky, the Russian scientist, the historian of science, the public figure, and the thinker. He has original and ever-urgent works on genetic and descriptive mineralogy, crystallography, soil science, hydrogeochemistry, the doctrine about symmetry, on the problem of time.
He was one of the founders in geochemistry, the founder of biogeochemistry that studies the global activity of living matter (the plurality of organisms). His concept on the biosphere, the life area on the planet, became the top of his creative work.
The literature exhibition «Academician V.I.Vernadsky as the founder of the doctrine about the biosphere» has been made in the Branch of SB RAS State Public Scientific Library for the 145-year anniversary of the outstanding scientist.
The exhibition presents more than 80 books and articles of Vernadsky, the literature about him, and the papers that disclose his doctrine about the biosphere.
Since February 7, 2008, a thematic exhibition «Academies of sciences of countries in the world» has been shown within the framework of Russian science Day. About 50 books and articles from periodicals in 13 languages has been presented at the exhibition. They deal with the history of the academies of sciences in various countries of the world, the advent of them, their development, their problems, and structure.
The site of the Branch of the SB RAS State Public Scientific Library gives the bibliography on the topic «Academies of sciences of the countries in the world». The bibliography includes about 130 books and periodicals together with site-links of the academies of sciences in various countries.
|Emblem of the Accademia dei Lincei, the first Italian Academy (1603)|